This episode discusses the last three chapters of the book. The culture of innovation is presented as one of the key aspects in cultural and creative management. The different types of innovation that enterprises can generate are discussed. Likewise, some tools that ventures must establish to promote innovation in products, processes, organizational and marketing are discussed. Creative ecosystem is also presented as a field of action of cultural and creative enterprises to promote sector sustainability. Finally, the concept of cultural citizenship is presented as a field of action of the social impact that cultural and creative enterprises must address. Concepts such as creative, ethical, social and local development impact are discussed. These elements are considered as key objectives for sustainability in the cultural and creative sector and in society.
- Assume the importance of creating a culture of continuous innovation in enterprises
- Know the different types of innovation that an enterprise can generate
- Know and use tools and dynamics to promote innovation in a venture
- Recognize the importance of the externalities generated by creative entrepreneurship
- Know models to understand the non-economic impacts of cultural and creative enterprises
- Design strategies to maximize the impact of a venture on the creative ecosystem
- Understand the importance of the social impact of creative enterprises
- Create awareness of the role of creative companies in urban development and the challenges that this represents
- Make a diagnosis of the products, processes, organizational and market aspects of your enterprise. Identify areas that still create problems for the customers or resources of the organization. Create a dynamic that facilitates the generation of ideas to solve it. Choose the idea that is most viable in terms of problem solving and implementation. Develop an actionable plan to implement it.
- Based on the third axis of the mission that you have elaborated previously (educational, social, community, urban, etc.), identify the audience you want to benefit through this component. Define the current condition of that audience, the actions you will take to change it, and how you expect that group to change after those actions. It uses the Logical Model as a reference.