This episode presents some of the main discussions about culture as a development infrastructure. Some debates between culture and development, globalization, the economic dimension of culture and an introduction on the scope of cultural policies are presented.
- Understand the relationship between cultural and creative work and different components of development
- Understand the main definitions of cultural and creative industries
- Understand the different dimensions of value generated by cultural and creative work
- Understand the main critics to the creative economy discourse
- What is the condition of cultural policies in your region or country? Check official documents such as laws, economic impact analysis, reports and papers, etc.
- Identifies the entities responsible for promoting the cultural and creative industries in your country or region.
- Identify the strategies defined and the incentives available to cultural and creative entrepreneurs.